Garden City Public Library will offer abundant resources to enrich the lives of a diverse community.
|Monday & Wednesday:||11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday & Thursday:||11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.|
|Fridays & Saturday:||11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
Our Book Drop is always open and is located by the bike rack on the Balmoral side of the building.
In 2012 the library will be closed:
- November 12th (Veterans Day)
- November 22-24 (Thanksgiving)
- December 24-25 (Christmas)
- December 31 (New Year's)
In 2013 the library will be closed:
- January 1st (New Years Day)
- March 30th (Easter)
- May 25th-27th (Memorial Day)
- July 4th (Independence Day)
- August 31st-September 2 (Labor Day)
- November 11th (Veterans Day)
- November 28th-30th (Thanksgiving)
- December 24th-25th (Christmas)
- December 31st (New Years)
31735 Maplewood St.
Garden City, MI 48135
The library is located in the Garden City Community Center west of Merriman Rd. and north of Ford Rd. The entrance to the library is located off Balmoral St., one block south of Maplewood St.
The Garden City Public Public Library is governed by a six member library board. The Library Board's main goal is to provide the best possible library service to the citizens of the community.
The Library Board is authorized to:
- Adopt bylaws and rules for the board’s governance;
- Control the expenditure of all funds credited to the library fund;
- Appoint, supervise, evaluate, discipline or remove a director;
- Approve an annual library budget; and
- Adopt policies and regulations regarding use of the library.
The current board was appointed by City Council on Monday December 5, 2011 to serve until the next City Election in November 2013.
|Nancy A. Schultz-Speck||2013|
|Mary Jane Schildberg||2013 (replaced Billy Pate April 2012)|
Library Board Meeting are scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Garden City Public Library (31735 Maplewood Road, Garden City, Michigan)
|January 8||July 9|
|February 12||August 13|
|March 12||September 10|
|April 9||October 8|
|May 14||November 12|
|June 11||December 10|
Latest Meeting Minutes