Thank You For Being A Friend
The Friends of the Garden City Public Library was formed in 1982 to support the development of the Garden City Public Library and its services. To date the Friends have raised over $60,000 in support of the library through book sales and fund raisers.
Becoming a Friend, allows you to support your local library and give back to your community. Some tasks performed by the Friends include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting donated materials which will be stored for future sales
- Setting up, staffing, and cleaning up the used book sales
- Assisting with special fundraising
- Distributing Friend’s and Library publicity
- Contacting prospective members and encouraging them to become active in the Friends
- Volunteering to work on special projects which enhance the quality of service at the library
The Friends can always use an extra pair of hands. If you have just a few hours to spare, we would appreciate your help. Membership in the Friends of the Garden City Public Library is open to all adults wishing to join. Members are encouraged to attend quarterly membership meetings and to actively participate in projects. Annual membership is as little as $5.00 or a monetary donation of your choice.